Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Perfect Thing

What elements of the design process does this article illustrate?

The design process, from start to finish, are illustrated in this article. It starts with the general idea for the product, a digital music player that is portable enough to carry around in your pocket. We are later showed more specific aspects of what goes into the making of a product such as making the product easy to use, making it attractive to the buyer, and making it durable to wear.

What factors would you use to evaluate a "perfect thing"?

For an item to be perfect it primarily has to do what it's supposed to do, and do it better than any other competing product. In addition to functionality, it's very important to me that a product looks cool. All other things being equal the one that looks sweet gets my vote. Equally as important is durablity and whether or not it stands the test of time. Combine all these factors with a small/reasonable pricetag, you got yourself a perfect thing.

Whether you own and iPod or not, you probably have some opinions of this product. What do you feel are its strengths and weaknesses?

I think the iPod's only weakness, at least from Apple's point of view, is that it is a little too awesome. They last so long and almost never break. This makes it so that iPods have to get updated about every year or so, making it so that my iPod, that I spent so much money on is now out dated. I mean did you know that Nano's now have a video recorder? Seriously. I guess what I'm trying to say is I love the iPod and wouldn't change anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment