Tuesday, November 24, 2009

That's All Folks!

1. What seminar readings, exercises, or assignments were most challenging, interesting, or rewarding for you? Why?

I think that the most challenging assignment for me in this class was the Wikipedia paper, which coincidentally was also the most rewarding and interesting. I've never had to write a paper like that before, using only encyclopedia-ish talk, and it was really good for me as a writer to use that style. Also it was interesting because we had control over the topic, and I picked something I was passionate about. It was good then to later do an argumentative thesis piece. The contrast of styles really stretched my ability as a writer.

2.
What are the most important things you learned in this seminar?

In the future, I can see myself somewhere fancy with lots of important people, and we are going to be discussing many important things and I will think, taking that seminar freshman year was such a good decision! The most important skill I can take away from this class is all the discussion skills we have developed as a class. I had not had very much experience with large group discussions before and I realized they are a lot of fun. I was worried at first that we would all say nothing and that it would be really awkward, but it never really was! It also gave everyone a chance to really get to know one another and was a great learning tool.

3.
How might you use this learning in the future?
This class is definitely going to affect how I study, think, and interact with groups in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment